Winning Life's Internal Battles
1. Winning the battle over life-goals starts with acknowledging God’s will and timing
2. Winning the battle over idleness starts with living with purpose
3. Winning the battle over lust starts with recognizing when it is time to run
4. Winning the battle over sin starts with repentance before God
God’s Gift of Peace
1. Peace is more than the absence of hostility it is the presence of the fullness and blessedness of God Himself
2. Peace is available to all, but is not received by all; only to those “on whom His favor rests.”
3. God’s gift of peace through Jesus is now our reason to worship forever!
The Miracle of Christmas
1. The power of God's word is greater than my unbelief
2. My faith in God can overcome my fear of the unknown
3. My human limitation cannot stop God's plan
4. The favor of God is about His goodness, not my righteousness
The Expansion of the Kingdom and Praise
1. The expansion of the Kingdom involves going out into the world
2. Pray for more harvesters because the harvest is great
3. Go and find a "Person of Peace"
4. What if they will not repent?
Thanksgiving: A Mark of Salvation
1. God is compassionate and responds to our cries
2. Healing happens while we move from understanding to obedience
3. It is natural to go our own way but even for the least likely thankful people, it means intentionally
How to Develop a Thankful Heart
1. Start by improving the quality of your worship
2. Honor the word of the Lord
3. Revere Him as the Creator of the universe
4. Recognize God’s sovereign will over all nations
5. God is looking to save those who hope in Him
Thank you for the Cross, Lord
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
1 Cor. 1:18
God’s Triumph over False Religions and the Occult
1. The proclamation of the Kingdom of God infiltrates the kingdom of darkness
2. Kingdom power brought about the miraculous in driving away darkness
3. Imitators and charlatans try to take hold of God’s power for themselves
4. The spiritual reality of the Kingdom of God brings conviction
Spiritual Warfare and Freedom in Christ
1. Ask God to show you the true needs of the people around you.
2. Use your authority in Christ to bind the strong man.
3. Lead people to freedom in Jesus’ name.
4. Expect to be misunderstood.
5. Count it all joy.
6. Wait for the Lord.
7. Rejoice in His victory!
The Gospel's Triumph over Demonic Deception
1. When you desire to be used of the Lord, expect opposition
2. Trust God has already gone before you to prepare the way
3. Demonic opposition may take familiar forms
4. Confront obstacles with the tools God has given you
5. The gospel is best expressed in the combination of its demonstration and proclamation
Winning the Battle for Your Emotions
1. How do you respond to emotions?
b. uncontrolled expression
2. Emotional Honesty
Winning the Battle for Your Mind
1. be transformed by the renewing of your mind
2. prepare your mind for action
3. take every thought captive in obedience to Christ
4. turn to God. Bring it to God in prayer
Christian Dilemma - Winning Your Spiritual Battles
Truth #1: We have a new nature and we are now known as saints
Truth #2: We have a new nature but we still sin
Who am I, in Light of Who you Are?
But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved
Who do you say that I am?
1. A progressive knowing
2.The depth to which Christ wants us to know Him - Mount of transfiguration
3. Knowing Him changes everything
4. An unquenchable thirst to know Him more
Mark was about action vs teaching
1. When we set aside time for God in our personal devotions, in our family time, and as a church, God moves
2.Personal Interactions with Jesus resulting in Miracles
How to Live Under Extreme Pressure
1. You can’t control circumstances, but you can choose how you will respond
2. You can either permit evil to go unchecked or you can take a stand for what is right
3. Be courageous and act by faith
4. Trust that in due time, God sets everything right
Sir，We Wish To See Jesus!
1. Testimony of a missionary kid
2. Missions have always been done based upon how missionaries understand the Needs of the people and what they can give
3. Jesus’ Mission is to have the Heavenly Kingdom come on earth
4. The core of the mission is to let people see Jesus through our lives and services
Brandon Fillpot, Joseph Ren
One Course To Expand God's Kingdom (7) - “But God, Being Rich in Mercy”
1. What we desperately need but so difficult to give
2. “But God, being rich in mercy …” (Eph 2:1-5)
3. Know the richness of God’s mercy
4. Be a messenger of the richness of God’s mercy
1. The Innocuous Process that Created the Corinthian Problem
2. Jesus’ Model of True Power
3. God Reveals His Unique Path to Power
4. God’s Invitation for Us to Embrace Weakness
recent teaching series
2019 Q1/Q2 Archives
2019 Labor Day Conference
"One Spirit to Exalt Christ, One Course to Expand His Kingdom” - the theme for this year’s SVCA 25th Anniversary
2018 Q4 Archives
Saved in Christ, we're also called to be His holy people who are set apart to shine for His glory. But what does holiness practically mean for our church in 2018?
JULY AUGUST 2018
God has amazing plans for our homes and His family the Church. From Mother's Day to Father's Day we looked at what it means to be in Christ's family, be surrendered to His designs, and for our houses to serve Him.
MAY JUNE 2018
MARCH APRIL 2018